Friday, 12 June 2009

Yesterday I went for a little walk, I went out the back entrance of my house, down the road and crossed over to Beresford Square.
The big main tree there was looking magical, covered in a streamer of knitted lightbulb covers!
(These used to be on display in the window of Oui Boutique in St Kevins Arcade, not sure if they are the same ones as those had a string of light bulbs in them.)





Then I continued on my walk, went to the post office and into the front entrance of my flat where I saw this little guy sitting in the palm tree right by the crossing.


Hope everything survived the rainy weather we had today though.

It was all done by Sharon Russell who is an AUT Visual Arts grad, whose artworks have been in Frankie mag! More about her here.

PS, I am totally addicted to this ice cream, a chocolate one with cookies and fudge in it. I accidentally bought a tub last week and its almost all gone! Whoops.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

This sight would have delighted me no end! What a great thing to see. In Wellington, they wrapped the trees is knits and lace doillies for summer. That was pretty surreal.

OH! And I love that you're from New Zealand. It feels like we've got a little corner of the internet here. I've linked to you ;)

laura said...

No, I didn't rent it in Auckland, I havn't looked in the shops though, they might have a copy. I brought mine off Amazon.

Sharon Russell said...

Hey Juliet!
Sharon here, a friend just alerted me to the fact that you blogged about me.. I'm incredibly behind the times obviously but THANKS!! Your pics of the lights are beautiful. Check out my blog if you'd like - sharon-margaret.blogspot.com

Natalie Suarez said...

the stuff around the trees is so cute! lovely post the weather over there sounds fantastic. i want LA to get colder :)

xoxo

natalieoffduty.blogspot.com